Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Exciting Clients

I have long been down on my hometown of Binghamton NY. Everytime I go back to visit it looks like it has aged 20 years... dark and dreary... the energy and creativity has long been sucked out of the whole area. So, much to my surprise to find two guys who joined together to open a new business. Not just a new business, but using brand new technology, and in major need of some marketing and PR. I'll be on a plane Monday morning on my way up to meet with these guys and get their marketing and PR in shape. It's not a huge client, but like many of my other clients it's fun to start with them from the ground floor and watch them pour their heart and soul into their baby and make something of it.

I am thankful for my many clients who come to the market with a great idea and take that bold step to make something of it. So many ad agencies are stuck in the muck and mire of working with twenty auto dealers, all who spend huge sums of money - but really don't have anything to say. A screaming guy with a questionable deal...

To all of my clients, I hope that I say this enough - but you are the reason that I walk into my office every morning and light up my leg lamp. The hours are long, the pay isn't great - but I couldn't image doing anything else.

No comments: