Thursday, May 1, 2008

Diet Update

As I sit here eating a late lunch from Camille's Sidewalk Cafe, I'm reflecting on the past two weeks of the diet. I now hesitate to even call it a diet. I was talking with my hair guru Mary Alice at Wilsons on Washington earlier this week and she enlightened me to the fact that I'm not on a diet, I'm making a lifestyle change. I'm not doing South Beach, not doing Atkins... I've just kicked sodas and fried foods to the curb. So, she hit the nail on the head about not being on a diet.

It's amazing how much I have lost by just cutting out sodas and fried stuff... 8 pounds in 2 weeks. My drawers are getting loose, my wedding ring is falling off my finger and I feel good. I've been walking in the evening when time allows (and a little running throwin in just to confuse my muscles, they're not fond of the whole running thing yet).

Many of you I'll see tonight at the GMagazine Launch party at High Cotton, everyone else - be sure to check in tomorrow morning for the Question of the Week... I'll select that and answer it tonight for your reading pleasure tomorrow morning.

No comments: