Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street - March 4th 1960


It's surely one of my guilty pleasures. I'm not a sci-fi fan, at all. But I love the Twilight Zone series by Rod Serling. The story lines are a little weird, and some waaayyyy out in left field, but look past that. Each and every episode that Serling wrote was more than imagination and science fiction. The social message in each episode, the story line that teaches very basic morals of society are incredible.


Each July 4th and New Year the sci-fi network puts on a Twilight Zone Marathon, and I try to watch each and every episode, many of them for the twentieth time, but it's amazing no matter how many times I watch them the more I pull from the story line.


It may also help that Rod Serling and I share a birthplace. Rod Serling attended my highschool (of course, many years before I), but the community is very proud of Serling and his accomplishments, and if you think about the era that these episodes ran for the first time - he was way ahead of this time. One word to describe the work of Serling... INCREDIBLE.


No comments: