Friday, March 14, 2008

Gonna have a party!

That title makes me start singing the old polka tune "Polka Party" by Jimmy Sturr. I'm having a party, every week. It's a marketing party. It's not AMWAY, it's not what you ladies would refer to as a "toy part", it's not even a kegger. One of the things that I miss about spending more time in the Columbia office is the brainstorming sessions. Many of my media reps and friends who read this blog could benefit from a marketing party too.

I would like to set a time once a week that we can all gather and help each other with some brainstorming for our clients. Whether it's as simple as a new radio/tv script or as big as coming up with an entirely new campaign, let's help each other. Some of my best ideas have come from group brainstorming sessions, marrying together a hybrid of different ideas.

Maybe once a week for lunch? Maybe a Thursday evening at 6 for cocktails (a vodka and tonic proves to be the basis of many great ideas!) Even just two or three people can make this work. Are you up for a party? I offer up my office and complimentary eats and liquid idea enhancement. EMail me your time preference: bo@mustardnrelish.com

Now, I'm taking my first real vacation since 2006... My first time heading to Asheville. Any restaurant recommendations?

No comments: