Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Never look back...


The first lesson that a business owner must learn is to make a decision and NEVER LOOK BACK! I work with so many first time business owners who are in the infancy stages of their business, much of their time is spent second guessing small insignificant decisions they must make. "Should the logo be red or blue?" They first choose red, and then iut's back and forth for a significant amount of time... time that could have been spent on profitable projects or pressing forward with other decisions. The best advice that I can give a new business owner is to spend some time on the question at hand, but once the decision is made, don't look back. You'll lose your place in the race and get behind... losing time that can never be recovered.
I found myself in that same situation last week. I had an opportunity of a lifetime to work for a great group of radio stations in the Cayman Islands... but I'm still here. After almost a week of back and forth... should I go, should I stay... I decided that Greenville is where I should be. A few times I've thought.... what if. I need to take my own advice and realize that I spent a lot of time on this decision and looking back will only waste precious time right now that I can be spending on the projects at hand today.
A major factor of my decision is my wonderful clients and friends that I have made during my short time here in Greenville. Friendships are one thing that cannot be replaced. Will I ever regret my decision? Only if I look back.

No comments: