Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Exceed my expectations!

I'm a customer service nut. It's sad that sometimes when I make a purchase and I get exactly what I was promised I get excited. If I order a cheeseburger with no pickles, and they actually don't put any pickles on it I get excited. I really shouldn't... after all, if I'm paying someone for a product or service, shouldn't I get it as expected?

Now, what happened last night really was a true story of customer service! Scratch that... GREAT customer service! A late meeting here at the office resulted in having dinner out last night. After ordering at Outback (in Easley) our dinner arrives. My prime rib has a little more fat on it than usual, but you expect some fat on prime rib. Before I could even dig into it the manager was at the table with the news that another prime rib was ready for me in addition to the one that I already had. WOW! I hadn't said a word! That, is great customer service.

Now, when you're dealing with your clients - always make sure that a second hunk of prime rib is ready to be served, without being asked.

No comments: