Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'm miffed

Before coming to the studio for my show this morning I was watching WYFF morning news, and it really chapped my hide. They aired an unusually long story about "Recession on the Upstate". High gas prices, high food prices... and two interviews with local business owners. Here's a link to the story that ran last night:

http://www.wyff4.com/money/16108502/detail.html

Is it the recessions fault? Or is it lack of marketing? As I've said before, plenty of people can run their business blindfolded, but without the proper marketing - it will fail. There's not much that I can do to help the Fosters since they've already shut their doors. You can bet however, that I'll be contacting the McCauley's this morning and offering FREE help to keep their business alive.

If they accept my offer of assistance, I'll be sure to keep you posted on their success here on this blog, and I'll use their story to prove that 1. you can market your business without spending big bucks and 2. you can point the finger at anything you want to (including the recession) but lack of awareness for your business is the deciding factor.

No comments: